Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Addendum To: Personality Goes A Long Way

Now that I think about it, I think That Guy is going to use my sort-of blow-up at work yesterday on me.  Which will result in two outcomes.

The more outlandish, yet serious, outcome: That Guy is a gun nut with a hair trigger.  He fits the lone wolf type, totally.  If I am somehow able to turn around what he could rat on me to our boss and have that boomerang on his ass ... well, I can see that as a trigger that convinces him to come to work with a gun and mow me down.  He is not well-liked at work, especially among his co-workers, so if he ultimately decides to kill me, he'll take the opportunity to take out all the other people he doesn't like, too.

The more likely, and possibly anodyne, outcome: He'll act all scared and play the victim and tell on me to our boss, at which point he will call me in to his office and lecture me about how to get along with people at work.  To which I will reply that he stopped me from doing what I was told I needed to do, that it seems as if he stopped me because he is only concerned with making his job easier, and that he is a micro-aggressive douchebag who needs to learn that he's not going to get his way all the time.  Which, come to think of it, could be the thing that boomerangs on his ass and is the trigger that convinces him to come to work with a gun and mow me down.

Why am I pondering the consequences of my actions?  I should own them, and have That Guy ponder the consequences of his actions.  Jackass.

No comments:

Post a Comment