Monday, May 31, 2021

Addendum To: Another Day Off?! And Other Holiday Musings

I have to be honest: After all the talk I spewed last night about how good it feels to get to Sunday night and know that you have yet another day off, I woke up this morning (after staying up till 4:30 and waking up around 10:30 -- I had nowhere to go today!!!) and got both anxious and pissed because, well, it's like Sunday, and I do have to work the next day.  Sure, it's only four days till the weekend, and really it's 3 1/2 because I am taking off Friday afternoon in order to finally get my shoes shined.  But still, I'm upset now.

I can't be grateful because I think that, at least in my mood right now, anything that is good I want to have forever.  Why wouldn't I want something good forever?  And to hell with moderation: If something good is taken away from me, I get so upset that I feel it's better to never have it at all, because then, you can't have a good thing taken from you.  You know?  That's how I feel right now.

What I really need is a permanent vacation.  I need to win the lottery and have a permanent vacation.  Permanent Vacation is an album by Aerosmith.  I would embed the song "Permanent Vacation" here, but I've never heard of the song before, so it'd be dishonest to embed it.  I just like the notion.

I'm sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment