Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Best Laid Plans Ruined, Part I

I wanted to check the air pressure in my tires today.  You are supposed to check them weekly.  I don't do that, but since my tire spontaneously popped that one time back in September I am more cognizant of checking.  And I thought I would have the time today because I had to come in a half-hour early.  That would give me enough time to check, go to the gas station to pump air into them if need be, and get home in time to eat and take a nap before my night work.

Did I get to do that?  Nope.

The daily shipment of forms was late by at least an hour, and maybe more like 90 minutes.  And since all the forms that come in have to be pushed out, I had to stay late ... by about half an hour.  Maybe I had a few minutes to check my tires real quick, but come 3:30, everybody comes out of the building to leave, and our campus only has one exit, so seeing two, maybe even three red lights before you could go through that light is not uncommon.  I didn't have time to get stuck back there, especially if I start the car at 3:30, if I need to go to the gas station, so I said screw that and left before my co-workers streamed out of there like it was the last day of school.

I don't know when I can check my tires.  It won't be tomorrow because I work till 3:30.  Friday I leave at 11, but by then the weather is supposed to get stupid humid, so I don't know if I want to linger outside my car for two minutes to check the pressure in my tires.  All weekend my car won't be on a level surface for a long enough time for me to check properly.  So the very earliest I could check would be Monday ... when it may still be hot and humid and it might rain.  Great.  Fucking great.

No comments:

Post a Comment