Thursday, June 3, 2021

Addendum To: Best Laid Plans Ruined, Part I

Well, that'll help me with having time to check the pressure on my tires; because I stayed a half-hour yesterday, I was told by one of my bosses near the end of work today to leave a half-hour early.  Guess there's no overtime, come hell or high water, this week.

It is baking out; even though it wasn't forecast, we hit 90 today.  In fact, it reached 90, according to Belinda Jensen on Channel 11, at 3 o'clock -- around the time I was told to leave.  And because I was "given" this time, even though it was hot out, I did check the pressure on my tires.  I did not melt.  And it turns out that my driver's front and passenger rear tires needed half a ... uh, foot-pound?  kPa?  Something something unit of air, whatever it was, it needed half a ... unit.  And I went to the gas station to get it, and I got home around 3:30.

So that did work out.  Well, I was hoping I could have spared a half-hour of paid time off, but I guess I'm using that this week instead.  So in one way, my best laid plans were still ruined.  Phooey.

No comments:

Post a Comment