Wednesday, June 9, 2021

On Sunday, as we were having lunch, Father blurts out, "Since you're not working, if you have time, mow the lawn.  It's up to you."  Well, since it was up to me, I, uh, didn't mow the lawn.  I had plans.  Besides, the sprinkler system had just shut off, and the grass was too wet to mow.  Also, the grass on the front and back lawns didn't seem to be that high; couldn't it wait until next weekend?  Finally, it was fucking hot as hell out, and I did not want to swelter in the heat.  (That my parents were to tend to their garden after eating lunch ... well, let's just say that it was best for me to get out of there for the whole afternoon.)

Fast forward to Monday.  I come home from work.  That front lawn has gotten a trim.  It was as hot Monday as it was Sunday.  Father really must have been bored.

And now, unfortunately, I have to wonder if his "suggestion" over lunch to mow on Sunday was, in fact, a demand.  And that since I didn't do it but he felt he just had to do it, I owe him.  That sucks, because his alleged birthday is Saturday, and all I planned to do was to stay home and mow the lawn.  With that plan blown to smithereens, what do I do now?  And is Father going to come down on me for not doing what he wanted me to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment