Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Oh -- The Person Driving The Car I Dusted On The Road ... Works In The Same Place I Do ... Great ...

Yesterday/Tuesday morning, one of my nightmares came true.

So I was about to get onto the highway, but I had to cross over to the lane to the right in order to do it.  It was being blocked by a black SUV.  The lane it was on first breaks off to the highway going the other direction, and many times I see that cars in that lane go that way.  This one didn't, and I guess I was a bit surprised, because I tried to change lanes and I was ... I wouldn't say it was a close call, I saw the car, but we were, you know, close.  I then slowed down and filed behind it as we did the cloverleaf.  When we got onto the highway, that car was just cruising as I gunned it and veered off two lanes to the left.  I had to get to work.

I do get to work.  As I'm parking, maybe half a minute after I got there, I see that same goddamn SUV.  I noticed the license plate when I changed lanes behind it, so I know it's the same one.  And now I'm scared as hell that he or she knows that I was the one who got close-but-not-that close to it back up closer to our house, the directions to which he or she kind of now knows.

See, this is one of my nightmare scenarios: Getting into a road rage incident with someone who turns out to be a co-worker.  He or she might think why in the hell did I drive so fast if we got to the same destination within 30 seconds of each other.  Or ... he or she could be plotting his or her revenge for almost sideswiping him or her.  And dammit, I didn't even take a look at the driver!  He/She knows what I look like, but I don't know what he/she looks like!  Gah!  How stupid of me!

No comments:

Post a Comment