Sunday, June 13, 2021

Sorry, Leader.

I was supposed to be on a social Zoom call.  And I did -- about 40 minutes after it began.  I didn't want to be on there at the start because, frankly, I would have felt as if I would be the focus if I was there at the beginning, and I didn't want to be.  So I was "fashionably late," except that when I logged on, the host wasn't there.

I have to believe that the leader of this group -- the newly-appointed leader of this group -- opened up the Zoom, hoping people would be there, and when she saw her hopes dashed after half an hour of waiting for someone to come on, slammed her computer shut and thought to herself, "Why the fuck did I sign up for this if no one is going to talk to me?"  And I feel ... sad about that.  But ... I just didn't want to ... talk all that much.

I don't know what to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment