Sunday, June 27, 2021

Sure, I'll Postpone Hanging Out With My Friend For Two Hours Plus To Deliver Egg Rolls, Why Not?

Yeah, so seeing my friend at the start of the Italy-Austria Match didn't happen exactly as I planned.

My parents decided to make a big feast of egg rolls, amongst other stuff, for lunch.  Excellent stuff; I loved it.  In exchange for doing so much work in the afternoon, they told me they wouldn't be making dinner that evening.  Cool; I might use that free chicken sandwich I got for signing up through the Wendy's app after seeing my friend.

Then Mother told me that she was texting with my sister-in-law: "Hey, can you bring deliver some egg rolls to them?"  They live about 45 minutes away.

Now, I have, in the past, when I was a juvenile, not been able to contain how frustrated, and even upset, I got when my parents told me to do something, especially when I had planned to do other things.  And even though I didn't throw my egg roll down and throw a tantrum, which I had down I was a kid, I could not, in that moment, help but let out a little, "Shit."  To which Mother said she could do it herself, but that's ridiculous because she's in her sixties and it was going to rain, and besides, I felt bad for acting as though I didn't want to deliver egg rolls to my brother's place, even though I really didn't.  So I said I would.

But that meant I had to push back my coffee hangout with my friend.  But by how long?  That was difficult to calculate, even after checking on Google Maps that it'd be about 45 minutes down to where they live, then another 50 minutes back up, past the house, then to the coffeeshop we agreed to hang out in.  On top of that, I had to wait while Mother packed up the egg rolls, and I have to confess that I was scrolling on my phone so long that Mother had probably already packed them in a paper bag.  Oh, and I had to use the bathroom a few times, too.  Let's just say having it come out is the price I am willing to pay for it to taste so good coming in.

I don't remember the trip down there taking so long.  But the last time I went down there was Christmastime 2019, so I could be wrong.  Plus the rain might have slowed me down, or at least slowed down the cars in front of me.  I pushed the time I was going to see my friend to 3, then 3:45, then 4, and even then I didn't show up to the coffeeshop I thought we were going to (we had our wires crossed; I went to a different Caribou then the one she found online; the one I went to closed down and the one she found has no seats inside) until 4:15.  But no matter; once we found a place (I might blog post about this later; this was sort of an adventure and relates to coming out of the pandemic), we stayed and talked for about 90 minutes -- just like I thought we would.  Good times, even if I had to push our time back two hours plus.  And I did use that free chicken sandwich from Wendy's late in the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment