Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Who Knew Consignment Would Be So Complicated?

OK, so with *****a postponing her hand-lovin' on me till today, I had some time last/Tuesday night to try and offload my clothes to a consignment shop.  I didn't call ahead, but I was sure these guys didn't go out of business, unlike the first place I went to, and they were!

Unfortunately, a sign on their door said they weren't taking any more clothes the rest of the night.  Furthermore, there was another sign that said that no one should be taking their clothes into the store for consignment unless that person got a number and a ticket.  A number and a ticket?  And then there was a third sign on the door stating that there were no consignment, uh, sessions on Wednesdays; instead, there were appointments whereby you got another appointment for the next day, Thursday.

I guess that's when you get that number and ticket.  But you mean to tell me that if I really wanted to sell off my clothes, I would have to go down to this place three consecutive days -- first to be told to come tomorrow, then the second to get an appointment for the third, and then I can finally dump my clothes on the third???  And I have to call ahead before I do any of that shit?  Now you tell me!  I think I got bruises hauling all my clothes into my folks' minivan and then back onto the living room couch.

Goddamn, doing consignment is such hard fucking work!  And I don't even know if they even want my clothes.  I could jump through all these hoops and schlep all that stuff down there only to be told they didn't want any of them.  So at this point, I don't want to go through that shit anymore.  It's too much work.  I just wanted to sell my clothes, for God's sake!

This debacle started a series of mini-shitshows for me.  I got there early because I wanted to see Death On The Nile at a theater close by (great movie, by the way, and I don't understand why so many poo-poo it), and I had time to eat something else before popcorn and root beer, but I didn't see that the entire damn mall closes at 7 now.  Then I wanted to eat at Chipotle, but they closed early because, get this, they ran out of ice.  You run out of ice, Chipotle, so you have to shut the whole thing down?  Luckily Panera was open till 9, so I could spend 20 minutes doting over its Bistro French Onion soup.  That and the movie were the only good things that happened to me last/Tuesday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment