Thursday, March 31, 2022

The Restorative Effects Of Sleep

I'm sure I conked off around 7 last/Wednesday evening.  Woke up just now ... 3:49 a.m., maybe a bit earlier?  Even if I'm a little off on the numbers, I know I put in more than eight hours of sleep.  I don't remember the last time I did that.  I doubt I did that the four months my parents were away.

The weather has a lot to do with that.  March can yo-yo between spring and winter, but there was snow and sleet yesterday, and it was gloomy all day, so I think my body just threw in the towel on staying up in the evening.  Also, I woke up a bit early yesterday to take advantage of overtime at work, so my body may have been straining to stay awake.

My folks?  Being around my folks can be exhausting.  But I've got to be honest: Are they so insufferable that my body responds by going to sleep?  No.  I can't be petty like that.  They're a pain in the ass at times, but I was tired because I'm tired.

OT for work is available again this morning.  I'm up, so I might as well go.  I just hope I can stay up a little more now this evening.  Tomorrow/Friday I'm going to The Women's Final Four at Target Center -- no rest after work, just going, eating and watching.  Can't fall asleep at 7 then.

No comments:

Post a Comment