Sunday, March 20, 2022

Too Much

So as part of my grand plan of making the house look as spic-and-span as possible, yesterday I moved some of my stuff back into my storage unit.  Things have accumulated, of course -- mail, brochures, stuff I want to read, all of which I couldn't get to and/or I couldn't part with -- and I failed to go through and/or get rid of stuff I could get rid of, so more stuff is going back in than came out.

So I get to my unit and open the door ... and there is this mountain of stuff.  It's already taller than me.  And with the stuff I'm adding, I am very close to the level at which, even with the footstool I bought for this task, I cannot reach for the things at the top.  It is too much.  I was able to cram everything I had brought with me into the storage locker, but remember that this was only part of the stuff I'm taking back into storage.  Will all of my stuff finally fit in there?  More importantly, what am I going to do about all this crap in my locker?  Will I get around to finally dealing with it?  Or will I just shovel into my storage unit more papers I only say I will get around to?  Because this is just going to keep piling up.

My heart sank when I saw the pile o' crap.  Because this means I'll have to knuckle down and seriously do so trash-dumping.  And ... to be honest with myself, this anxiety will probably go away in the morning.  If I can't see it's a problem, I don't worry about it.  I'm not saying this is a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment