Tuesday, March 15, 2022

And On Top Of Everything, I Might Be Fired When I Go Into Work Today

Got a very angry e-mail replying to my message to her from Friday, when I was working in The Fourth Department.  She was upset that I sent the e-mail a, uh, "general" address instead of no one in particular, even though I could not find her e-mail or that of any other individual.  I believe she accused me of violated HIPPA rights or something.  I don't think so.  I think she is overreacting.  On top of all that, my e-mail was sent to a company, and I presume that company's employees know what to do with personal information.  It's not as if I sent this out to a totally random stranger.  I believe they could re-route it to the proper authorities -- which was my main intention when I e-mailed it to this "general" address -- without that much fuss.  But no, I have to get this person.

Because unfortunately, when she went on her rant, she carbon-copied a different department at work.  This is now no longer just between us, but instead it now involves people who, I believe, can call for my job if they are unhappy about my move.  To which I say that I had a job to do, which is finding people to retrieve the information we need.  I didn't have an e-mail for a particular individual, like I said, so I did the next best thing.  Should I have just given up?

But it is not out of the realm of reality that this transgression, to people higher up in the company, could be so bad and so inexcusable that I'll be fired today.  I won't be ready if it happens, but mentally I am trying to prepare for that unfair worst-case scenario.  And all over an e-mail, huh. ...

No comments:

Post a Comment