Saturday, March 19, 2022

2022 March Madness Anti-Picks, Round 2

Record: 9-12-1
Total Outlay, Round 1: $2,700.00
Total Intake, Round 1: $3,629.32
Total Winnings: $929.32

I was so wrong on so many picks, I wonder if I'm calculating the winnings right.  But I'm going to trust my ability to do basic math and say that on the strength of my huge bet on Michigan, I have raced out to a big lead when it comes to money.  Oh, and I was very lucky on bet 19), a three-legged parlay.  While I said that Virginia Tech was one of the big underdogs that should spring the upset, I said instead to parlay the Davidson picks.  Good thing; the Hokies laid a huge egg against a vulnerable Texas squad.  But Davidson managed to lose only by one to Michigan St.  I crashed out on the Moneyline parlay in 20), but because the Wildcats pushed +1, that busted my three-legger into a two-legger of Michigan -1 and Iowa St. +4, both of which hit.  I won almost $800 on that one, if the parlay calculator is right.  But I would have been golden if Virginia Tech hit.  Loyola-Chicago, too.  Both lost, so that hurts my Anti-Picks, as well as my real-life bracket.  Had the Hokies in the Final Four -- I know, I know -- and the Ramblers in the Regional Final vs. Arizona.

---

Now that the real, pure frenzy is over and we get only eight Games today and tomorrow, I'm going to pare down my picks.  I am going to use two things I see in The Athletic and one I don't: The Slingshot model predicting the fortunes of underdogs against higher-seeded teams; reporter Austin Mock's analysis; and, because neither has anything for Sunday's Games as of press time (thanks for that), my own gut instinct.  Melding those three together gives me these picks:

1) Tennessee -6 $100

2) Richmond +2 1/2 $200

3) Richmond M/L +127 $100

4) St. Peter's +8 1/2 $50

5) Memphis +10 $50

6) Houston -4 1/2 $100

7) Iowa St. +3 $50

8) Uh ... parlay 1), 2) and 4) together, for $100.

Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment