Tuesday, March 22, 2022

I went to Cub last/Monday night to see if I could get myself some chili.  Wanted to do that after, and in spite of, getting a massage close by; I mean, would you eat chili after getting a massage?  That would, like, undo everything you got from the massage, you know?

Well, there was no chili.  And yet, instead of just walking out of Cub, I saw two forlorn pieces of fried chicken that were the last ones in this tray.  They were begging to be eaten, I swear.  So I picked up a box and picked them both, a leg and a breast, as well as a wing from near the adjacent tray which somehow spilled onto the counter.

Later, I decided to go to Caffetto.  I wanted to catch up on writing down my expenses while drinking black tea, which seems like the perfect drink after getting a massage.  But when I got there, there was a sign on the door saying it was closing at 8 for a private party.  Got there around 8:30.  Dammit, I wasted a trip ... well, I sorta did.  I thought it was a good idea then to go to Target to buy some creamer and a salad for tomorrow; the latter was to have an excuse to use the rest of the leftover shredded cheese which is still in a pouch.  Oh, and then I pumped up the driver's side rear tire to its proper pressure, though not the passenger's side rear because ... actually, it's a long story which might make for a good blog post.  Still, if I hadn't decided to go to Caffetto and subsequently not done all these other things, I would have been quite alright.  Especially the hot dog, which was an impulse buy.

Yeah, the chicken, too.  And the chili that wasn't there would have been an impulse buy as well, for that matter.  Not getting the chili nor the tea didn't encourage me to stay on the straight and narrow, honor the good feeling that massage gave me, and not undermine all the masseuse's hard work (and she was really good).  But frankly, I don't care because my parents are coming home in a couple days and I'm not sure if the house is all picked up yet.  So go out or stay home, best laid plans done or ruined, who cares, they're coming home and I'm upset.

No comments:

Post a Comment