Tuesday, June 7, 2022

OMG Spaceship Taco Bell!!!

I heard around this time last year about this brand-new, first-of-its-kind-on-Earth Taco Bell -- for some reason called Taco Bell "Defy" -- being built just over in Brooklyn Park, but then I forgot it until, I think, yesterday, when all my social media feeds lit up with the impending opening of this no-dining room, four-drive-thru lane, mobile order-catering, two-story restaurant with a kitchen on the second floor sending down your food on "vertical lifts."  Now, it is just Taco Bell.  Hell, I could walk to the nearest one if I wanted to.  And Taco Bell is a corporation, so is it really, like, important to go to the official grand opening of this potentially paradigm-shifting concept in fast food?

Uh, yeah, kinda.  The place already opened on the 2nd, dammit, but it "officially" opens to the public today, and I am going to grab food there, just to check it out.  I'm scared that the drive-thru lanes (and I'm going to order ahead so I can use one of the three dedicated to that, not the other, "real" drive-thru one) are all intractably busy and long, but they say people who order ahead and employees of delivery services will be able to pick up their orders in less than two minutes.  So I'll try it.  Besides, I want to take a close look at the building.  And I might video the belt bringing down my food.

No comments:

Post a Comment