Monday, June 20, 2022

Addendum To: Heat Wave Begins

So I caved.  Sort of.  While brushing my teeth -- in the downstairs bathroom to beat the heat -- I repeatedly went back upstairs to bring up all the fans that are in the basement.  And the difference in heat and humidity going up and down was so stark that, well, I got in my head that it would be unbearable to sleep with air conditioning.  So I turned it on.

But for, at most, an hour.  Because I was lying in my bed and feeling comfortable, but feeling guilty at all the money I'll eventually have to pay.  I felt I could sidestep the issue by turning off the AC but run the ... I guess you can call it the central fan, so I did.  And I fell asleep.  And it felt good enough that I did not wake up in a sweat.  Hopefully that saves myself some money.

For the record, I step out of the house with the thermostat reading 81 degrees.  We'll see how much that warms up while I'm working the hottest day yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment