Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Addendum To: Addendum To: Heat Wave Begins

And, presumably, the heat wave is supposed to end sooner than I told you all it would end.  I misread the expiration time of the Excessive Heat Warning; it's not 1 p.m. today/Tuesday, but 1 a.m., or in other words less than a half-hour from when I am typing these words.  And I feel bad for somehow mistaking that.

In any case, it feels even hotter right now than Sunday.  That's because it was, technically, hotter than Sunday.  Yesterday/Monday, I think around 4 p.m. (the time I got home), it reached its high of 102.  And with the humidity it was supposed to feel like 105.  Ick.  The ambient heat has gotten into the house, and as much as I tried not to, I have cranked up the air conditioning, at least as I type this.  I'm still going to try and put on the fan overnight and hope that'll be cool enough for my body to let me sleep.

It'll still be hot the rest of the week; most of the days it'll reach past 90.  But nothing like Sunday or Monday.  Thank goodness; I don't understand why people prefer hot weather to cold.  Those people are weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment