Sunday, June 12, 2022

I Should Be On Vacation Now

I've spoken about how I'm jealous and quasi-upset that everybody seems to be taking a vacation this summer except for me.  That epiphany has hit me again now that I have attended the only Match Minnesota United FC has for the month of June, and even that wasn't a Game that counted; last/Saturday night I went to Allianz to see the side's friendly against SC Paderborn 07.  The Loons are back in league play, but I their next three contests are on the road.  They're not back at home until Independence Eve.

I have decided that any vacations I can take have to fit around any possible test scoring assignments I get (which I haven't gotten so far this year ... and I should worry more about that) and any MNUFC home Games because I'm a season ticketholder.  Starting today, there is a dead spot of about three weeks in which I could sneak away on a vacation.  It would be absolutely perfect.  But I can't.  Like I said in my blog post to which I linked above, I'm filling in for somebody pretty much every week until Labor Weekend.  (Ironically, this week is not one of those weeks ... but my boss told me I can't split because the company has inspectors coming in to do audits, and it's all hands on deck for times like these.)

So for the next three weeks without any United FC events to attend, I'll ... oh, I don't know, clean up the house, or exercise more, or sleep more.  Whatever.  But man, I could use a vacation right now.  I'm scared these three weeks will feel like three decades.

No comments:

Post a Comment