Sunday, June 26, 2022

No Reading Papers Today Either

You know, I had plans on attacking the bag of papers I want to read from over a decade ago.  Did I do that?  Nope.  Earlier this afternoon I got tested, ate at Chipotle (couldn't pay through my phone for some reason; that was stupid), got my hair cut then bought some N95 masks (along with some other stuff) at Home Depot.  Later in the afternoon, after I used the oven for the first time since my parents went back out to Las Vegas, I gassed up the minivan.  After ******e decided she wasn't going to give me a handjob because she had some family time instead (understandable), I didn't want to waste this beautiful, not-too-hot summer evening, so I went out and had ice cream at Dream and a beer at Pryes before shopping at Hy-Vee.

(Aside: I wanted to go out in the evening to enjoy myself -- knowing full well that I would instead either look at my phone or be all up in my thoughts.  And at Dream, even though it was nice to see all these families hanging out and having fun, I did both.  At Pryes, though, its wi-fi wasn't working, so I couldn't use my phone.  And then I realized I wasn't, like, living in the moment like I should be.  So I took a breath -- maybe it could've been deeper -- and I soaked it all in, namely the dwindling group of people, the setting sun, the motorcycles tearing ass in front of the brewery, and the fact that, even though we're in the middle of #AmericanApartheid, things are, relatively speaking, good.)

I should wash my dishes and prepare a peanut butter-and-jelly sandwich for lunch tomorrow.  Will I tackle the papers?  Not on this day, my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment