Sunday, June 19, 2022

Heat Wave Begins

Technically, according to the National Weather Service, the Excessive Heat Warning began at 1 this afternoon and won't lift until 1 p.m. Tuesday.  I avoided leaving the house altogether today, but I can't avoid it the next two days because I have to work.  I still plan on going out to my car and taking (or trying to take) naps tomorrow and Tuesday afternoon; I hope I don't bake myself to a crisp in my car.

I have periodically turned on the air conditioning today.  I know that if Father were here, he would do all he can not to turn it on until he absolutely has to.  I would always resent that because it'd be hotter than hell upstairs; it's way cooler downstairs, where my parents' bedroom is, and I sometimes wonder if they don't turn on the AC because they think everything's fine.  But now that I'm in charge of paying the electric and gas bills, I'm doing my damndest not to turn it on until the heat drives me crazy.  Yes, I've become My Father, and on Father's Day, no less.

No comments:

Post a Comment