Tuesday, June 28, 2022

My Sick Therapist (Alternate Blog Post Title: "G")

I haven't said anything about him, but maybe it's time.

I was supposed to talk to my psychotherapist a couple weeks ago, but then her secretary texted me the day of (we were supposed to talk over the phone, and we have done so ever since the pandemic hit) that he was in the hospital.  He is quite old and he has some maladies, but this hospitalization has been a shock.

I have not asked the secretary if he's out -- yet.  I figure that as a client, I should give him and his family and secretary some space as he recuperates -- if he needs recuperating.  I honestly don't know if he's still alive.  I'm afraid I'm serious.

I should reach out soon.  He usually takes a week around Independence Day off for a vacation, so if he is well, hopefully he'll be around now to let people know.  With that being said, I got a weird text on Sunday.  Out of the blue, I and another phone number (I presume it's another patient, but I don't know that for sure) got a text from him, or someone using his cellphone.  There was no message except the letter "G."  That's it.  I don't get it, and I have yet to respond to it because ... well, I don't know what to make of it.  It feels like a scammer, but all this hesitation is making me afraid that it really is him and I should text back.  Still, I have never seen anything like such a text from him.

No comments:

Post a Comment