Monday, June 13, 2022

More Money, Less Sleep ... And Then No Money

Being short-staffed at works means copious opportunities for overtime.  Such is the case this/Monday and tomorrow/Tuesday morning.  Got a text yesterday/Sunday afternoon from my other boss saying we can come in early for some data entry.  Since I don't have to pray for someone to let me into the lab, I think I'll take her up on her offer.

So, why am I awake now when I have to wake up three hours later?  That's a good question.  Anyway ...

... I want to make as much money as I can.  But I just did some mental math about the things I spend.  Just yesterday/Sunday I ate out for lunch and dinner; went to shop for groceries in two places; bought a ticket to a concert; and indulged in some iced tea.  There will be more spending today/Monday because I'll need some damn fine coffee to get me through the wee hours of the morning, plus I need to get a proper massage from the service up the street.

I think I spent more than $200 (all charged to my credit card) yesterday/Sunday.  I think I'm going to ask ******a to rub me down this week.  And I have a stripper party to go to this week, too.  Doing some rough calculations, I think I make, after everything is taken out, a bit more than $13 an hour.  A massage from ******a is thus less than 10 hours of my paycheck, this party probably 16, and what I spent yesterday was also close to 16.  That's more than a typical 40 hours per week ... which means I'm damn glad I am coming in early today, probably coming in early tomorrow, and did a full day back on Saturday.

But why don't I just, you know ... spend less money?  Another good question.

No comments:

Post a Comment