Thursday, January 5, 2023

Addendum To: YOU MEAN I HAVE TO FUCKING PLOW AGAIN?!?!?!

Not only did I need to plow again last/Wednesday night, I had to do it twice.  Maybe I should have heeded the meteorologists' warnings that heavy bands of snow were going to fall around midnight, because when I went out in the morning to make sure I could get out of the driveway, I trudged down it and realized I couldn't.  I had no choice but to text my boss and tell him I was going to be late (and have to stay late to make up the time) because I had to plow my driveway.  (And by the way, I want to let people know here that I have a pretty good boss.  I know not every supervisor would allow something like that because of the weather.  The guy I work for is pretty chill, and I do not take that for granted.)

I plowed only part of my driveway, the one that got my car down it and a little more, in 20-30 minutes.  I treated myself to a squeeze of half an orange, then took another 20 minutes to get to work via the side streets.  I was about 70 minutes late.  Still worth it, though; with the snow getting lighter throughout the day, I actually plowed the majority of the snow off my driveway yesterday/Wednesday morning.

That didn't mean I didn't plow after I got back from work.  It was that bad, but there was enough standing snow that I left in the morning that I decided I had to immediately take care of the rest.  I did, and thankfully, the snowblower worked fine, even perfectly, both times.  So add another first: Not have I used the snowblower twice in a week, not only thrice in a week, but I've used it now four times in a week -- and twice in one day, something I didn't think the snowblower was capable of doing.

By the way, it snowed a bit after I got done plowing last/Wednesday night.  Just a little bit, I think half an inch.  With what I measured in the part of the driveway I didn't get to in the morning and all the wintry shit that fell Tuesday, I think we got around 9 1/2, 10 inches of snow with this snowstorm.  We've had that much fall before in one storm, I just don't remember when.  I might -- might -- plow once more, but if it's just half an inch, maybe not.  I'm kind of plowed out.  And I am so totally fucking over the snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment