Tuesday, January 24, 2023

So my current position (at least until today -- I'll blog post about it tomorrow) mainly consists of asking for information on all these forms that come in.  Well, a combination of a ton of work on Saturday, no one manning the position over the weekend, and, uh, some oversight on my part meant that, as I was about to leave work for the day yesterday/Monday, I realize I was sent forms that I did not work on.  Six of them, in fact.  I think one wasn't sent to me, and in that case I sent an e-mail out asking them to attach a copy of that form, which I would receive (and thus work on) the next day.

The other five, though?  I thought about staying after and getting the e-mails to them pushed through.  But honestly, it was a quarter after 5, I stayed a half-hour after I should've left (even though in this position I usually stay at least a half-hour), and I had already gone through almost 30 of these forms yesterday.  So I left them to work on till today/Tuesday.  I am banking on a relatively lighter workload so these leftovers won't seem like extra work, if that makes sense.  I am also banking on no one giving me any static over carrying these over one day.  I have done so in the past, even though back then I did it because I was so overwhelmed with what I had to do that I'm sure I finished those days with way less than 30.

They won't fire me because I didn't do the work as they came in, would they?  We're so short-staffed at work that firing me would be like cutting off your own thumb because you're mad.  Come on, I'll do it today.  Of course that won't be a problem ... right?

No comments:

Post a Comment