Monday, January 2, 2023

Drop Everything To Deal With The Blizzard

I hate I continually drop everything in the face of an impending snowstorm, but goddammit, I'm doing it again, because goddammit, there's another snowstorm coming, and it looks to be a motherfucker.  Ten fucking inches between this/Monday afternoon and tomorrow/Tuesday night, according to one forecast I saw on TV.  As bad as the snowfall total appears to be, I don't think the timing helps either; tomorrow/Tuesday morning is when it's supposed to be at its worst, and that's the first day people come back from their New Year's, if not holiday, vacation.  I don't think a lot of people are listening to the news right now, and so I don't know if they're fully aware of what's about to hit us.

I have this alumni Game-watching thing I'm organizing.  The snow is supposed to start to hit during it, so I'm already scared I'll have trouble getting home.  Since I'm spending money at the bar we're watching this Game, I figured I'd get fast food to watch the Monday Night Football Game and/or sleep.  The storm is supposed to relent then, so I figure it's my time to relax and, maybe, rest up.  For tomorrow/Tuesday it might be hell even getting to work, and it certainly will be a shitshow getting back home.  This might be one of those cases where there's too much snow for me to drive up my driveway, so I'll have to immediately take out the snowplow and clear it.

My parents come back home in two months.  I had designs on finally drilling down on My Stuff.  And I still have to clear the dining room table anyway because there is a lot of mail I need to get through anyway.  I'm glad I concentrated yesterday/Sunday/New Year's Day washing dishes and my clothes, because everything for at least the next two days will be surrounding this goddamn blizzard, and everything else will be pushed to the side, motherfucking again.

No comments:

Post a Comment