Saturday, January 14, 2023

Cough's Not Going Away

I've thought I've gotten better with my coughing this week (despite the Air Quality Warning we had earlier in the week), but yesterday/Friday ... man, it kind of came back with a vengeance.  Now, I might be saying that in reaction to a very uncivil run-in with this prick at a back bar I went to last night.  I come in, just happen to cough, and this motherfucker goes, "You're not sick, are you?  You're coughing a lot."  I just got here, asshole -- you think you know me?

So ... is this piece of shit right?  Am I coughing more?  Maybe (and don't tell that dumbass this) but maybe the reason I'm thinking my coughing is getting worse is because it actually is getting worse.  And I'll have to be in another rather crowded setting with people I don't necessarily know tomorrow/Sunday: I'm working the Vikings Game.  I don't really care about what some judgmental stranger thinks of me.  (Sloppy too; he was eating a pizza and he was leaving all his crumbs next to my area.  I brushed it in his direction.)  But I like the people I work with at Vikings Games, and I want to continue to work in the job I have.  Don't know if they'd appreciate me constantly hacking up a lung for three hours.

Need to go back on the NyQuil and try and knock this sucker out.  But that will be tonight.  I will try and use my allergy medicine again.  Maybe I need to try another tack to stop the snot from cascading down my throat and forcing me to cough uncontrollably.

No comments:

Post a Comment