Just did it, around 11:28 a.m. now/Saturday. A lot of reasons why I did it after years of Zynga Poker (and, before that, Mafia Wars, from which I was gatewayed into playing Zynga Poker after Zynga shut down Mafia Wars). The big reason, if there is one I can point to above all, is that Facebook/Meta has de-platformed Zynga, and I find I don't want to play Zynga Poker if I can't easily get to it through my Facebook. Also, they took away the Daily Bonus, where I was given up to, and then more than, a million "dollars" just by checking in every single day. That is how I was able to play Omaha, with their huge initial antes, and then win, thereby propelling myself up the leaderboard and rise in status. How high did I get to? Master I, apparently, the lowest stage of the second-highest tier in the Zynga Poker pyramid, looks like. Well, if I can't get money, I won't be able to win the money I need to keep up my status. And tumbling down the pyramid is no fun. Finally, even though they say the cards are random, too many times I felt like I got screwed in the end when an opponent (or a bot -- another reason I'm quitting is because I simply don't believe the people I am playing against actually are people) backdoored me. For all those reasons, I decided to quit.
Maybe I shouldn't be as surprised by this, but I don't miss it. Zynga Poker didn't feel like an obligation to play every night per se, but I've been to the website, oh, maybe twice in the past ten days since September 1, around the time they got tossed off Facebook. I've been busy, and it has been too, too easy to forget that I haven't played poker. And I'm OK with that. If that's the case, maybe it's best to delete it.
Like a drug pusher, Zynga Poker has somewhat emphasized that I have seven days from now to change my mind. All I have to do is go back to their website and push a button, and all my relegating settings will be restored. I hope I don't get sucked back into playing again. Hopefully, I'll forget that I even requested all my data be deleted. And then I'll be done with Zynga Poker.
No comments:
Post a Comment