Hmmm. When I saw this I had half a tank. The next morning (yesterday/Wednesday) I was going to drive a ways so I could see/have sex with ****e. If I woke up early enough, I thought I could top off. But that skeet/tweet said this was going to affect the Great Lakes States. Well, Minnesota borders Lake Superior, but the skeet/tweet did list states east of us -- Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, and Wisconsin (although not quite, according to this person ... Wisconsin has lower gas tax), and not Minnesota. Frankly, I didn't have time, so I was going to check prices when I came back from laying pipe into her, and if I see prices shoot up, I'll go searching.
On the way down the prices were what they were Tuesday: $4.25, which is obscene, but that was the price it had been for a few days. OK, I still have time, or so I thought. But when I came back home, I see all these signs for $4.50. Shit, the early afternoon was when everybody raised their prices. I go to my go-tos which usually have the lowest prices in the area, but it was too late.
So I should've not taken any chances and just filled it up all the way on my way to seeing ****e. My only saving grace is that I have just downloaded a new gas station application, and my reward for signing up is getting 25 cents off my next five fuel-ups (even though they expire in about three months). Sure, that would mean I'm still paying $4.25 a gallon, but it is a discount. That's all I got. Seriously, though, these fucking prices are ridiculous. There is one man to blame directly, but there are about 77 million Americans who should also share the blame for this bullshit. Fuck you, you stupid motherfuckers.
No comments:
Post a Comment