It was the right thing to do, going to the post office, but I would be lying if I wasn't badgered into doing it by Mother. When she recommended going in the morning, she wanted me to call her. It was around 5:30 a.m. her time, but, well, my parents are fucking crazy like that, waking up in the morning. She was her usual panicky, overbearing self when I broke the news that there was no new news. So she wanted to go to Plan B. We get two tabs when we renew, but in Nevada you need only one license plate, so you need only tab. Mother told me to send her only one tab for situations just like this, where the other gets lost in the mail. That happened, so now she wanted me to send the other one -- but to Federal Express, not USPS. Logical.
She wanted me to do this as soon as possible. I thought to hell with that, and I told her I would go as soon as my workday was done, and no sooner. I even turned off my phone from time to time at work because I didn't want her bothering me. To be fair, she didn't call, and it just so happened that I got out of work at a decent time, so I went home to grab the tab, then go to FedEx. (This is where I confess that I lied to Mother; when she asked me if I brought the tab I have to the Post Office, like she said she told me to do [and she did], I said yes when I knew I left it at home. So glad I had time to go home, then go to Federal Express.) Unfortunately, the cutoff time for packages to be sent overnight was five minutes after I got there. However, I was directed to another FedEx place south of this location which has a later cutoff. I went home, changed vehicles (I drove the minivan to the first Federal Express), kept my tab on me, and drove.
I made the mistake of calling Mother, which she wanted me to do when I was calling her from the first FedEx), when I was at this second FedEx. She was telling me to do things with the tab that were obvious. She was talking my ear off because she's anxious/upset she hasn't gotten the first tab I sent her. So when I got to the front of the line, I hung up on her.
So for about $40 Federal Express says they will send it overnight, and it'll be in my parents' hands by 5 p.m. this/Tuesday evening. Hope so. Anyway, this fuck-up once again brings out the bitchiest in My Fucking Mother, which I abhor. Saying that, none of this would have happened if the USPS just overnighted my package to my parents like they promised they would, and like I paid for.
I've lodged complaints. Someone apparently from a post office in Las Vegas left me a message in response. I'll hopefully hear from this person tomorrow, because I want this goddamn saga to end now.
No comments:
Post a Comment