Monday, September 14, 2026

Yet Another Busy Week Ahead ...

... and I think I will allow it to be dominated by movies.  But first, football -- it's the first Monday Night Football of the season, and this one will be on free TV (as well as the following two, as well as most of the rest of MNF [and I still don't get why it's not back on ABC like it was in the olden days]).  To mark this annual return to normalcy, I will get Pizza Hut ... which I should, because if I don't buy from them at least every six months, I will lose my points, and I think that six-month mark is coming later this week.  Just in time.

I've also become obsessed with this, um, deal with this special, independent theater in South Minneapolis.  They currently are running a series about road films.  In conjunction with that, they have created this "passport."  You get a free ticket if you see eight of the 14 movies.  I'm too late for that, but I have seen two of them, there are three flicks left, and if you see four in the series, you get a free popcorn.  I like the idea of this series, I like the theater, and I am now fixated and seeing two of the final three films.  This week's screening is It Happened One Night, which I've already seen.  It's fantastic, and I think I want to see it again, if only to avoid risking needing to see the final two movies in case something bad comes up.

I have taken Wednesday off, just because.  Maybe I shouldn't because I am thinking of taking a trip to see my parents.  There is a logjam of things that I can with my day off.  For example, I could have this roof inspector come over and give an estimate of replacing the roof, which is something Father wants done.  I could also work out, something I haven't done in a long time.  What I have done instead is arrange a meeting to "see" ****e.  Ironically, after I made the arrangement yesterday/Sunday afternoon, another stripper girlfriend, *a***, said I could "see" her that afternoon, and unlike other visits, she's close by.  When it rains, it pours.  But beyond that, I think that I am going to see another movie, By Any Means.  I think it's a KKK-bashing, civil rights flick very loosely based on true events.  I think I would like to see that fantasy these days.

So, even though I will be eating at home tonight/Monday night, technically I won't be doing the homebody thing and saving money until, at the very latest, Thursday.  I should do that, and should want to do that, more.  Gas prices are only going up.  Oh, and I need to shop for chicken breasts that are on sale, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment