Starting from Sunday, September 20:
- We actually go back to Wednesday, September 16, when I fucked ****e. She took me into her mouth thrice!!! Cost: $120.
- I noticed I got three crisp, consecutive $1's in change, and even though this was not the date, I decided to record storing these dollar bills on this date: $3.
- On Monday the 15th I went to the Trylon to see It Happened One Night. Still holds up as a brisk screwball comedy after all these years. And now, seeing it a second time, I had not appreciated how, um, saucy the final sequence is. It was made pre-Hayes Code, after all. The thing about the Trylon is they do not rely on credit cards at all. That's admirably old school, but they do allow payment by check. Shit, man, I thought I last saw someone pay by check in-person at a grocery store two decades ago. But I didn't have enough money to buy a ticket and popcorn and Coke (the ATM on the way there from work does not have after-hours access), so I went back out to my car to grab my checkbook. So I filled out a check for $8 for the ticket, which freed up the remaining money I not only for some concession, but a large popcorn and a bottle of Mexican Coke, exactly what I wanted! And I paid: $8.
- Back to Labor Day, the last day of The Minnesota State Fair. For the record, I stayed there for, I think, six hours, which is possibly a record amount of time I stayed there. I charged the Blue Barn's Cracklin' Ribs, a second Pina Colada I got from Manny's Tortas, Tot Boss' elote tots, and the twist raspberry-and-peach beer cone from Lulu's. I paid cash for the Bee-Nut pie, the lemonade slushie from Holy Land, the Sausage Sisters' When Pigs Fly, and a small Lift Bridge root beer. That all came out to: $37.
- Saturday, September 5: Went to see ******a at My Favorite Stripclub (Cover Edition). Cover, tips, drinks for her and me, and 20 table dances from ******a: $231.
- On Thursday the 3rd I went to Charito's for a wrapped package of day-old cookies. The guy gave me a discount, and I still gave him a tip. Total: $8.50.
- Later that evening I went to the Dakota to see Bob James, a smooth jazz pianist best known for the theme song to Taxi. It's weird, but the Dakota gives a discount to anyone paying for their ticket in cash. I had enough to spare, so I was ushered from the front desk to another guy who handles cash for tickets, or something. He didn't have a register with him, so I could only give him cash if I had exact change -- well, it was $50.41, but he was OK with $50.40 because I didn't have a penny. Whew! I went on and used more cash for the black caesar salad, gumbo and drink I had. With tip for my meal, it all added up to: $125.40.
- Going back to Sunday, August 30, and there's a whole of shit I paid cash for. Start with Chipotle, where the cashier rounded down. With tip: $11.10.
- I then got wanked by *****y: $150.
- I then went to Dairy Queen, which, according to my notes, was my second meal that evening, which I don't quite understand now that I'm doing the final draft. There was a deal through the DQ app I used for a small chocolate malt. Then, there was a fuck-up where I had to wait almost half an hour to get the malt. Apparently my order was "bumped," and only after I asked did they go back and find it. The person who rang me up up-sized my malt to make up for it, which I didn't necessarily want because the small was the portion I wanted, but OK. Oh, and this Dairy Queen rounds up, so I had to pay: $3.25.
- Late that night, for the first time ever, I went to Bunker's to see Dr. Mambo's Combo, which may be the longest-running residency in the country. Nice hang, especially for a late Sunday night. Cover, cider, Coke and tips (plus free popcorn!): $28.
- More EWRs for Saturday the 29th ... I was able to wake up very early that morning, which allowed me to do something I wanted to for some time and eat at Al's Breakfast before parking meters began getting enforced. With tip I paid, and this seems expensive to me: $21.
- Went to my game-watching bar to see my alma mater's football team start up the season. I paid cash because this is one of the places that has a credit card surcharge. I don't take advantage of this all that often due to the convenience of credit cards, alas. But on this date I used legal tender, to the tune of: $40.
- Finally, I went to the Midway Saloon after the MNUFC Match. Don't know why. I think I should go only after they won, and they only drew with Orlando City. Plus, they coughed up the lead late into Second Half Stoppage Time. Maybe I wanted to celebrate that they scored thrice in four Minutes. Anyway, shoutout to the babe bartender baring her belly. Cider and tip: $10.
Good through September 20.
No comments:
Post a Comment