Sunday, September 22, 2019

I'm Totally Obsessed Over This Goddamn Starter

Getting my pass for the Vikings game -- I used the old car -- I came upon an epiphany.  I didn't want to panic into getting the starter on the new car replaced because I wanted to hear if the dealership and field rep would be willing to pay for it.  Again, as I've said, the starter shouldn't have gone to shit after just 71,000 miles.  But I called Friday and the dealership said he hadn't heard from the rep.  Is he ducking me, waiting me out until I have to give in and just pay full price for the replacement?  I mean, how long does it take to make a decision to either pay for it or not?  I know that car dealerships do these rope-a-dope tactics to frustrate and piss off customers, but I don't think it would spread over to the service side ... would it?

Anyway, I looked at my gas tank; it's barely half full.  I remember that my car stalled for a half-hour after I filled it up.  So I finally put two and two together; I need to get this starter replaced before I need to fill up my tank again, or else the shit that happened on Monday will happen again.  So even though this thing with the field rep is still up in the air, I know how long I can wait.

Unfortunately, this proves that I cannot wait forever, and so I am getting more serious about getting the starter replaced somewhere else.  You know, The Mechanic Around The Corner wasn't that bad.  If the field rep doesn't give an answer by Monday, I'm going to call The Mechanic Around The Corner and start making plans.  Because I gotta get this starter replaced before I get gas again ... or before my starter really goes to hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment