Sunday, September 15, 2019

Bit My Tongue Today

Literally.

Took a nap at work for lunch.  Woke up prematurely because of an ache in my mouth ... as if I bit my tongue.  I don't remember doing that, but then again, I was asleep.

Well, apparently it was a hard sleep because all afternoon I felt this grotesque pain to the side of my tongue.  It was driving me crazy, so I finally went into the bathroom to look at it through a mirror and, sure enough, to the side of my tongue there is a bump and, in the middle of that, a line -- as if I bit down on that part of my tongue.  Hard.

It still hurts.  I may have had more intense pain, but I've never felt such pain there.  I hope it heals fast.  But my goodness, I never thought I would ever literally bite my tongue. ...

No comments:

Post a Comment