Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Don't Know If I'm Pulling This Repair Timeline Off Correctly

Just realized that by waiting a day, to see if the dealership would actually help me, I've given myself one fewer day in which I could get my car fixed.  Today/Wednesday is now out.  I could have done it, although it would have been a tight fit because I'm going to the United Match.  But it's at least plausible that I could have gone to The Mechanic Around The Corner today; I could have dropped it off and have them fix it by the time I was done with work, swing by, switch cars, then go back out.

But I did not make an appointment for today.  Instead I waited to see, once again, if the dealership would cut me a break -- and, also, if The Mechanic Around The Corner could get a loaner car so I could, ostensibly, use it to get to and from work.  So now, I realized yesterday/Tuesday, it would basically have to be tomorrow/Thursday.  Friday I have to come in early, and even though I'll be able to leave early, I don't think either shop has extended hours on Fridays.  Saturdays are out (I believe), Sundays even moreso.  I could do it Monday, but this brings up another troubling point: I have half a tank of gas left, and I don't know if I can survive through the weekend.  And if I don't, I'll have to recreate what happened last Monday, where I stopped my car, filled up my tank, and couldn't start my car for half an hour because apparently my starter got heat soaked.

And on top of all that, I leave for Denver next week.  Guess I could do it Tuesday, but there's usually overtime offered, and I could use all the money I could get.

Man, I don't know what I should do. ...

Being indecisive has been one of the hallmarks of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment