Sunday, September 15, 2019

This Mileage Request Shit Is Getting Weirder

I was thinking that Monday, to get Mother off my back but to also genuinely get to the bottom of all this, I would call the airline to see why Mother's flights have been rejected when Father received miles for the exact same flights.  For help I would ask Mother to yell at me in the background.  That way, the representative would hear that she would be flying off the handle and sympathize with me when I say I'm stepping in to help her get her miles.

Well, I checked my parents' e-mail last (Saturday) night and the airline actually replied to me (posing as them).  They took fault for not getting the mileage in on time, saying that there have been "glitches in the software."  OK, maybe that will explain the "too-late" code one of Mother's flights was given.

But the the rep e-mailing back said that they are beginning the process of getting miles for Mother's flight ... from Paris to Vienna.  WHAT?!?!?!  Now, my parents were in Europe, and I assume they have boarding passes for all those flights.  So what the hell is this rep talking about?  And how in the hell do you mix up the names of cities?!

I ... I ... don't even know where to begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment