Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Opportunity ... Wasted

Bringing my car into the dealership to get it serviced (oil change, what's wrong with the low tire pressure light, and some auto-start problems) after work today, and some days ago I had some thoughts that, because I would be spending at least a couple hours there, I would finally have the time to pound down on some work I have to do.  And there are a lot of things I have to do:

  • Catch up on receipts;
  • Reconcile my monthly expense list;
  • Call ... a bunch of places -- the lawn care service, my health insurance company (to fix my dental bill as well as follow up on my health assessment) and ... I swear there was something else;
And frankly, if I were more enterprising I would be able to tell you what else I need to do ... 'cause then that would get me organized and compel me to get my shit together and, you know, do those things when while I wait for my car this evening.  But I doubt I will, because I am not organized and I will probably just surf the Internet until my car's done, and by that time I'll go, "Shit, but I had so many things I wanted to do!"

And now I'm tired and need to go to bed.  Weird day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment