Thursday, September 5, 2019

Not The Goddamn Miles Again ...

So I'm having dinner when Mother, as is her wont, asks me a question in her accusatory, nagging tone: "Did you get all my miles yet?"  And so we're harkening back to getting all those miles for trips my parents took pretty much last year on a bunch of partner airlines that I had to go back and forth with for a ton of bullshit.  And it was last night where, out of the blue, Mother thought she would revisit the subject.  I never felt I was fully done with the miles; honestly, there were follow-up requests for me to get more proof from those partner airlines, and I never followed through on them.

However, after showing my frustration with Mother fucking digging up old bones, she got onto the Internet and showed me what she was talking about.  There were miles for flights Father got that, for some reason, Mother did not get.  But there was something more disturbing.  Mother had boarding passes for, like, a dozen flights on their across-the-Pacific journey they took over the turn of the year.  I dutifully requested mileage for every one.  I received replies basically saying, "We got it, you will get your miles shortly," for some, but not all, of the flight segments.  And then, when I saw first Father's and then Mother's online mileage statements, there were the flights they took, but without any miles.  Now, I ran into a similar situation when I went to Hong Kong; even though I flew on partner airlines, apparently the code of ticket and seat I bought did not make me eligible for getting partner miles on them.  I suspect that's the case here; but if so, why didn't customer service get back to us saying that miles could not be accrued on those flights?

I really wasn't looking all that closely at my parents' statements because 1) I was bored and 2) I needed to log into my fantasy football leagues; drafts for both were last night, although I thank Buddha they did not overlap.  But seeing as I don't know which ones Father got miles for but Mother did not, and which ones neither got miles for, and that there were a dozen flights they took on this sojourn, I basically have to start from square one and see what I requested on my parents' behalf, for which flights the airline asked for information, and for which flights they eventually gave miles to, and whether it was for one or both parents.  That's a pain-in-the-ass to track back, and it's so confusing that I'm fucking tired thinking about it.  So I'm just going to take the L on this bad, harried day and hopefully I'll have a calmer soul and cleaner mind tomorrow so I can deal with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment