Friday, September 20, 2019

Nope, I Wasn't Wrong (Hate My Car Right Now)

Turns out it was the starter.

I will be paying $600 for it ... and I say will because they didn't have the part in hand.

Stayed anyway because, lo and behold, they "say" that they didn't "catch" during my visit last week that the front brakes are worn off and that the cabin filter has had a chunk eaten out of it.  I had no other plans last night, so what the hell, I'll sink another $550 to get that fixed ... even though 1) that could've been fixed for cheaper at an independent shop and 2) they should have caught that shit last week.  Incompetence or lying -- the typical question one asks of dealerships when you're blindsided with repair bills.

And I stayed at the dealership for a long time after that because the goddamn starter wasn't working for an hour.  Went back and forth between my car and the waiting room until ... uh, the starter was in the right "position" to get to a "spot" that would start the car.  Fucking humiliating.

Oh; a couple days ago I called the American corporate headquarters about this, just in case they would be willing to pay for the starter.  They won't.  They told me to beg the field rep.  We'll see, but these guys got me over a barrel anyway.  As soon as I get a yes or no from this field rep, then I can go in and get the starter replaced.  I'll just have to act conservative and not make too many stops until then.

I hate my car right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment