Monday, September 23, 2019

So, About This "Heat Soak" Thing ...

I'm doing more research on the Internet, which is, as we all know, an infallible resource.  And once I Googled my car's specific symptom, that my car won't re-start after I shut it off a short time ago, I saw this new concept I had never heard of: "Heat soak."  There is so much heat that the starter experiences enough resistance to the point that it cuts down the flow of current and it just won't start.  Hmmm.

This particular website brings up solutions other than the starter: Either put on a heat shield, check the battery cables, or replace the battery with one with higher capacity.  So, it ... may not be the starter?

Meanwhile I haven't heard anything from the dealership.  Maybe I'm getting overanxious, but I don't think I need to wait this long for an answer.  And you know, I went back through the previous receipts when I brought in my old car to The Mechanic Around The Corner, and they weren't bad.  They can diagnose and replace just like the dealership, and they can do it with slightly better customer service, too.  Maybe I should take this problem independent after all. ...

No comments:

Post a Comment