Wednesday, September 18, 2019

The Mistrust Continues

Went out after dinner last night to 1) drink a pop, 2) get the mozzarella sticks at Arby's because, randomly, they were only 99 cents yesterday, and 3) buy a book at Barnes & Noble, but not before sneak-reading Consumer Reports on ... which used car models are the most reliable.  (Verdict for my Fit: Great car overall, but the 2015 has more breakdowns than other years.  Dammit.)

I had a choice as to which car to use.  I could have used my car as a way to check out if the starter is still acting up.  But in the end I drove the old Lexus -- which, Freudian slip, I described to my parents Monday as "their car" -- to the strip mall.  It had, and has, a lot of problems, but starting isn't one of them.  In the meantime, I didn't want to get my parents to pick me up from Arby's if the starter in my new car went kaput.

Right now, I have more trust in my old car -- which is 26 years old -- than in my new car, which is only four.  And that is insane, if not fucked-up.  But that's how I felt last night, and that's how I feel now.

No comments:

Post a Comment