Sunday, November 7, 2021

Car-ma

After work and eating at Jimmy John's, I wanted to blow off some steam by walking around the Sculpture Garden in the dark.

I was wrapping up my walk.  Going up the sidewalk to where I parked my car on the street, a car came, stopped, and began to back up in front of the front-most car in order to park.  This car came in hot, and then this dipshit driver began to back up faster than he should have.  He was swerving his steering wheel back and forth, but he wasn't slowing down.  Well, he did slow down after he hit the car behind him.  And he hit it hard.  And he hit it, oh, six feet away from where I just stopped and stood, looking at what the fuck he just did.

The asshole driver got out.  I looked at him for a semi-second.  He then went to the back to see the damage he did.  I glanced at the driver's license.  I saw that the car he hit, like his car, was kind of shitty.  I thought, for a semi-second, that I should call out the idiot for what he did.  But then, finally, I just walked away.  What could I do?  Scream at the guy?  Take a photo of the guy's license plate?  It's the pussy way of thinking, but what if he had a gun?

Walking up to my car, there was another person who had stepped out.  I believe she heard the accident if she didn't see it.  I guess I looked at her because I needed to know that someone else was witness to this bizarre incident.  The guy, by the way, didn't drive off.  I don't know what he was doing, but he was still there when I drove off.

And when I drove off, I thought to myself, "I'm gonna get it.  Because I didn't make that guy pay for hitting that car, my car is gonna get hit."

Well, fast forward to this afternoon.  I stopped by a park to get one more good, autumn walk in; this apparently is going to be The Last Good Weekend Of The Year because the snow and cold is coming in later this workweek.

Going back to my car, I noticed a couple black spots in the front of my car, just above the license plate.  Was it just dirt?  Nope.  Course not.  It was the body of my car.  The silver paint was scraped off because some motherfucker backed into my car.  I could see scrape marks around it.

Now, did it happen as a result of me not doing anything about the accident I saw?  That could have happened before Friday.  But ... I like to think I am an observant person, and I don't think I saw that any scrape marks before then.  And, I went downtown and parked on the street after walking at the Sculpture Garden.

Karma did come back to bite me, didn't it?

Goddammit.  But what the hell was I supposed to do?  Call the cops?

No comments:

Post a Comment