Sunday, November 28, 2021

Expenses Without Receipt

Starting from Saturday, November 27:
  • On this morning I got double-teamed by ******e (who says lives in Las Vegas but seems to come back to Minnesota every other week) and ***e*: $240.
  • And then, my Buddha, I hope I have receipts for all the times I doled out cash back to Wednesday, November 10, when I got my shoes shined.  With tip: $15.
  • And then I hop back to Friday, October 28, a day I had off.  I first went to Sidebar, the new restaurant right next to the famous Surdyk's wine bar.  I raved about my meal there, even though I ate too darn much.  With tip (got a sidecar with it -- I think?), I paid, in cash: $65.
  • I then went to Crosstown to see ***e* for that handjob.  She still has the magic hands.  Cost: $120.
  • We go back to Wednesday the 20th, when I took in the first show at the Guthrie Theatre in the beautiful (relatively) new place along the river.  Went to see What The Constitution Means To Me, a play that I have heard really good things about, but also had a cast member whose father I had the joy of meeting at one our alumni game viewings.  (That cast member was part of a rotation, and apparently his kid was not in the performance I saw.)  It's a though-provoking, mostly one-woman play about someone who won money as a kid touring the country and giving speeches about, well, what the Constitution means to her, and then reflecting upon the document and its blind spots and limitations as she becomes an adult and sees that not every American enjoys the freedoms the Constitution supposedly claims for us.  I got in the rush line about 20-30 minutes before showtime.  I thought I had to wait for others to purchase tickets at full price.  Instead, I had one group in front of me before I got helped.  The play was not sold out, which I am kind of stunned at given both what I think is the popularity of the play and that it was in its last week at the Guthrie.  Regardless, I'm glad I went, and I only had to pay: $20.
  • I then went to our ex-charter's old spot to let the bartender know we're going to be there that Saturday evening for our Game.  And I bought a late-night meal as a show of gratitude for allowing us to watch there.  With tip: $14.
  • Next we go back to Friday the 15th.  I had the day off where I did some reconnaissance for my about-to-be-married co-worker who's still looking for caterers.  So I went to El Taco Loco, a somewhat-recommended Mexican place (my co-worker's looking for Mexican) to eat for myself first and then get some that I dropped off for her at work.  I charged my own meal but paid cash for hers.  With tip: $10.81.
  • I also went to get my shoes shined.  She had no change.  No matter; gave her the whole: $20.
  • Oh, and then I went back to ***e* for an HJ.  She seemed desperate for money this month.  Total: $120.
  • Finally, on Thursday the 14th I went to Volstead's Emporium, the hidden speakeasy in Uptown.  Went there to chill out after a long, hard day in The Fourth Department.  With tip I spent: $33.

No comments:

Post a Comment