Wednesday, November 10, 2021

The Rest Of The Workweek Should Be A Breeze!

Monday was normal.  Well, it was on the meager side; it got to the point where work was so slow that we were sent into the lab to do stuff.  I don't like doing that, but hey, it's part of the job.

Tuesday was the most hectic day of the week, probably.  I was up on my feet scanning forms in the afternoon, and that's a lot, but it's something I know to do, and I don't have to communicate with anybody else (well, not really) in order to do my job.

Moreover, I brought in fancy chocolate for the two big rooms I work in, out in keying and the actual room where my other three positions reside.  I hadn't brought in fancy chocolate in a while, and so I thought it was time.  I've been worried in the past because there would be a bunch of chocolates left over after I present them early in the day, as if they didn't really like the chocolate I bring.  My supervisor also brings out chocolate, and the group usually plows through them by the end of the day.  I have a theory: The ones she brings are the fun size, well-known brands that are individually wrapped.  My fancy ones are unwrapped and come on their own doilies.  Maybe people are freaked out over the unwrapped chocolates and think unwrapping their own ensures they're fresh, or even safe?  Or, maybe they know a Snickers or a 3 Musketeers but don't know the high-end boutique chocolatiers that I buy from.  Yeah, maybe it's that.

Anyway, for the data entry room/hallway, at the end of the day (I don't know how the other people in the other room liked it; unlike data entry, which I doled out around 10, I gave theirs at the end of the day simply because I was too busy), out of the box of 16 chocolates, only two were left over when my day was done.  We actually had a long day that nearly all of us had to stay after for because the work didn't get done in time.  I kind of think that those people were finally relieved to leave, and so treated themselves with a chocolate.  Well, maybe that, or maybe it was the fact that my supervisor called in sick.  Since she usually brings in chocolate, we would have been out of chocolate if not for me.  Therefore, maybe they were desperate for any chocolate.

I'm bringing in a lot of threads here, so forgive me for jumping around.  My supervisor still remains cold with me.  I guess we're just not people on the same wavelength.  It is what it will be.  But I wonder if she was going to get all pissy with me bringing in chocolate if she were to do the same thing.  So I got a break in not needing to, well, compete with her.  I gave out my chocolate, the co-workers seemed to like it, and at the end of the day, I ate the two pieces left over in my car before I left the parking lot.

Oh, and another thing.  My supervisor wasn't the only person who called in sick.  The other girl with whom I do not get along also called in sick yesterday.  I'm sure she wouldn't go for the chocolate, and I'm sure I wouldn't care.  But without her there, there was zero chance I would have a run-in with her.

So, to sum up Tuesday: The two people I have clashed with the most just happened to call in sick, and I was the one to supply chocolate to the group, which appears to have been warmly received.  Those two people might have been back to work today ... but I wouldn't know nor care, because I took the day off!  And for tomorrow and Friday, I won't have to work next to them because I am working in My Favorite Department the rest of the week!  Where I likely will have only one job!  And I get to sleep in!  And then go off in the evening and do my own thing!

Now, to sum up my whole week: It's a fantastic workweek!  I don't have to compete for people's affinity for chocolate, my co-workers like the chocolate I bought, the people I don't get along with are there when I'm not and vice versa (that's a fantastic series of coincidences that might not ever happen again), and the work, while busy at times, is manageable.  Throw in that I'm only working four days this week, and this workweek is bliss.  I have to stop and appreciate how lucky and fortunate I am.

Of course, things could go south if something unexpected happens the rest of the week.  Maybe I have willed that into existence just by blog posting this?

No comments:

Post a Comment