Monday, November 29, 2021

This Is What I Get For Not Opening Up The Mail

Have to update you on this claim I need to make in order to recoup all the money I spent on getting my teeth cleaned.  I felt in the back of my mind that the insurance company was going to get back to me saying it needs more information.  Well, they do; they sent me a letter saying they need a Federal Tax ID, and even though I was told over the phone by a representative of said insurance company that an NPI would be enough, I need to add this information and send it back to them.

I am freaking out over their, um, warning of "timely filing," the policy whereby they can automatically reject a claim if I take too long.  My problem?  The letter was sent last month.  I didn't open it until this afternoon.  I just looked at it and thought, "Nah," and chucked it, thinking I would get around to it.  Well, I did, and I am so scared af that I have passed the period of "timely filing" because of my boneheaded move.  I'm not going to even check because I'm scared to learn that I am too late.

I'm praying to the gods above that it isn't.  But the first thing I need to do is contact the office and get this damn Federal Tax ID.  Contacting them and only getting voicemail (which was not returned) was the main reason I couldn't get the claim sent quickly enough in the first damn place.  And I can't wait any longer.  So, in an advantage of working in The Fourth Department this week, I will get up early and drive down to the University of Minnesota and go to the office myself in order to get this information.  I have to.  And like I said, I hope it's not too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment