Thursday, November 25, 2021

Drinks I Can Make Right Now

And why right now?  The Boston shaker I ordered online (through the Wirecutter, and I know I shouldn't be a slave to just one website ... but I am) is on backorder.  Damn you, supply chain issues!

I have been a slave to making only cocktails officially recognized by the International Bartenders Association.  But I have bought all these spirits (albeit in a small bottle -- 375 mL, not 750) already, and it's Thanksgiving, so I should help myself to a drink.  I have also bought lemons and limes already, and I need to use them in my drinks before they go bad.  So, in a way, I have to make drinks now.

Therefore, I re-scrubbed the list of IBA-sanctioned cocktails for ones that I just have to stir into a glass instead of shaking.  And, to be honest, I saw some non-IBA-sanctioned drinks that I've had before and for which I have ingredients.  By the way, I have bought club soda and tonic water already, too.  Just so I can stretch the use of the bottles I've bought, I've decided I can make those drinks, too.

With that being said, here are, for now, five drinks I can make right now sans shaker:
  1. Screwdriver (need oranges)
  2. Vodka tonic
  3. Gin and tonic
  4. John Collins (need lemons and to make simple syrup)
  5. Cuba libre (need limes)

No comments:

Post a Comment