Tuesday, November 30, 2021

The Eleven-To- ... ? Trips Left To Take In My Parents' Minivan

Because of that goddamn smart key indicator light, I am not driving anywhere in my car.  I've done my research, and if that light stays on, at some point the car just won't start, and I can't let that shit happen if I'm, say, at work or at a Game or a concert or something.

So I've been using my parents' minivan as my main car for now.  I used it exclusively to drive to and from work, but only because it was second shift, traffic is usually much more manageable than first, and I wanted to give it some run.  I didn't expect to drive it to work any time this week, but, well, I am now.

Meanwhile, I checked to see if I could move up the time of my appointment from Thursday.  There's no way to do so without cancelling the Thursday morning drive-off by, I guess, two guys from the dealership.  And when I called yesterday to ask if they had any loaners, the millennial I got said, tersely, they only rent loaners at thirty bucks a pop.  A little too rich for my blood, especially if there is some snag and they have to keep my car for more than one day.  I felt a little burned by her lack of caring, but she can go fuck herself.

So I have at least until Thursday to keep driving the minivan.  And it isn't just to and from work.  No, because of my fucking laziness, I have to get this insurance claim done now.  No one from that fucking office could give me their Federal Tax ID number, so I'm going to wake up early this morning and just fucking go over there so I can get nine digits from them and then go to work.

Moreover, and I know I shouldn't, maybe I don't want to "control" myself.  Maybe I want to act as if the minivan is just going to be fine.  Why not?  Maybe I'm just paranoid when really, nothing is going to happen.  Thus, maybe against my better judgement, I am going to go out and do things as if everything's normal and there's nothing wrong with the minivan at all.  I will, in fact, give you a daily rundown for the rest of the workweek:
  • Tuesday: U. of M. dental office - breakfast? - work - Cub Foods (to fax insurance claim) - Young Joni - home
  • Wednesday: breakfast? - work - home - U. of M. women's basketball Game - home
  • Thursday: wait for dealership people to drive off with my car - work - Chipotle and/or another fast food place
  • Friday: work, but at this point I should get my car back ... right?
So I have to hope that the minivan stays upright and tight through at least 11 and probably way more than 11 trips before I can drive my car after dealing with that damn indicator light and what it means.  And hey, so far, that van's been a workhorse; I hear Siennas are considered to be very reliable vehicles.  Then again, for all my bluster and wish to believe all things are normal, I have to worry.  The van leaves massive puddles underneath it on the driveway.  Presuming it's oil, I checked the dipstick before leaving work, and I never understand where the level of oil is, but I think it's disastrously low, so my anxiety kicked in again, and once I got home I poured some oil into the engine case.  I felt no difference, so maybe it didn't need oil.  In fact, maybe it was full of oil, and I have just overfilled it, and that's equally as bad for the car, and if that goes kaput, I have no cars now.  And how in the hell am I going to find parking at the U.?  That minivan has a big ass, and I'm just going to find a spot alongside the street?  This is going to be a fucking disaster.

Jesus fucking Christ, these problems now are overwhelming me.

No comments:

Post a Comment