Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Do You, Uh, Crypto?

Oh yeah, I wanted to talk about this. ...  So back when I was trying to snag a Rolling Stone concert ticket, I had to double back to Craigslist because StubHub fucked me.  The guy I texted seemed really cool, and unlike all the others he did have PayPal, so I could just transfer the money to him.  Unfortunately, it appears as though he was not hip to the restrictions placed on the ticket he got.  He did not buy the ticket he sold to me; instead, he says he himself bought the ticket from another person, and so when he tried to pawn it off to me, he couldn't.  We cancelled the deal, and he gave me my money back, thank goodness.

With that being said, he tried to chat me up after we undid our deal.  And guess what?  He's into crypto!  He just, like, segued into it when I thought we were done texting: "Hey, do you do crypto?" or something like that.  And I didn't want to say that I think it's bullshit currency designed only to rip off unsuspecting newbies' money.  I instead said that I don't know much about it, to which he gave me links to these online tutorials.  I said I would get around to them.  I'm not lying per se, but I haven't gotten around to them, and I don't know when or even if I will.

Hey, he seems like a nice guy.  And he showed he's a stand-up guy, too.  But he just tried to casually slide our conversation into talking about cryptocurrency and I'm all, "I'm just trying to see Stones, man!"

No comments:

Post a Comment