Monday, May 9, 2022

Forget Work -- What Am I Gonna Eat?

I've noticed that I do this, or at least have done this for a long time, but I haven't, like, noticed noticed this until a couple months ago.

I start thinking about planning my workweek Sunday night.  But after I try and remember where I'm working -- "Oh, yeah, I have to go here Tuesday, then I'm filling in for him on Friday" -- my thoughts quickly run to what I'm doing after work.  Specifically, though, I'm thinking about what I will eat after work.  There are leftovers my parents left for me, and sometimes I feel like splurging with a night out, and then I fill in the other nights with fast food.  I spend an inordinate amount of time and brainpower figuring out which days I'll eat in and which days I'll eat out and, for the latter, where.  And honestly, I kind of get excited thinking about it.

For example, this week I think is a normal one for me -- no coming in at 9 or 3:30 or anything like that.  That means there isn't a compulsion to make a night of it (and frankly, I just saw my credit card statements, and I think I should cool it a bit on the nights out).  Meanwhile, I have about three meals' worth of fried rice and vegetables still in the refrigerator.  I'll get burned out if I eat them on consecutive days, and I ate the first such meal yesterday/Sunday afternoon, plus ******a is coming over to rub me down tonight, so I figure today I'll eat at, like, Arby's or Kentucky Fried Chicken or Burger King.  I'll then eat leftovers tomorrow/Tuesday and then alternate between buying food and eating at home the rest of the week.  I'll knock out those leftovers by Saturday afternoon or evening, hopefully before they go bad, which I don't think will happen because they'll be in the fridge for, what, only two weeks?

And then once those leftovers are done ... well, I'll just have to buy food.  Will I just eat out all the time then, or will I, like, buy groceries in stuff?  Well, I'll think about that when I have to ... at which point I'll probably get off on thinking about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment