Wednesday, May 25, 2022

I Like This Weather, But

Today is supposed to be an all-day rainy one.  Well, scratch that -- they're now saying that the showers will be heavy through the afternoon, then become scattered.  That sucks for me because there is a U. S. Open Cup Match between Minnesota United and Union Omaha tonight.  I will not go if it's raining, but if it's going to be scattered by this evening, does that mean that there will be no rain?  Will it be just a mist?  Or am I going to be hit with some rain as I get to the stadium and, like, the First Half of the Match?

And it's going to stay in the fifties, too.  We've had temperatures in the sixties and seventies, but like nearly all of April, it feels as though we've been in the 50's way too often this month.  And that would be great -- I have often said I prefer temps in the fifties -- if I were prepared for it.  I wasn't prepared for it Saturday, for example, when I gambled that the sun would be out often enough during the Gophers baseball Game that I would be warm.  Nope; not often sun, and the wind was whipping enough to go through my thin button-down shirt that I was on the cold side all Game.  I thought it would be like the Twins Game a few Years ago where I sat in the outfield with a t-shirt and jeans and was baking like a pastry in the oven all afternoon.  That didn't happen Saturday.

That temperature is perfect.  It's be fantastic in early February.  It would even be OK now ... as long as I'm dressed for it.  But I wasn't dressed for it Saturday, and I don't know if I felt ready to dress appropriately most of the days this month when temps have been this low.  Maybe I should, you know, dress warmly.

No comments:

Post a Comment