Tuesday, May 3, 2022

My Waitress Baby Is Gone

So I took off work early yesterday to drop my parents off at the airport, and since The Mall Of America was on the way back, I figured it was the perfect time to eat a late lunch at Hooters.  Brought my calendar coupon for the month of May with me (buy twelve bucks' worth of food and drink, get lots-a-tots for free!), and I get to see my favorite Hooters waitress!

Except she wasn't there.  Last time I saw her -- a couple months ago?  A few? -- she said she works Monday, Tuesday and Friday afternoons.  Well, I popped in there on a Friday afternoon and she wasn't there.  And then yesterday was a Monday, and she wasn't there.  On several occasions, in fact, have I gone in there hoping she'd be there, and she wasn't.

Hey, she's beautiful, by the way.  Short, cute blonde with long hair.  Very friendly, very approachable.  Wants to be a nurse; the pandemic knocked that plan off course, though, and I don't know if she's still fighting for that dream.  That's OK; I wouldn't mind a nurse moonlighting as a hot Hooters waitress.

But is she taking a break to finish her schooling?  Has she been given different shifts?  Has she just quit?  Yeah, I want to know her outside of Hooters.  Yes, I wonder if she ever looked at my credit card and then looked up my name on Facebook.  Because, yes, I want to see her again.  And I miss her, because I think she's gone away.

No comments:

Post a Comment